London, July 14th,2021 - Green logistics provider, Urb-it and World Beer Award winner Freestar are partnering to bring ethical and sustainable,non-alcoholic beer deliveries to London. Utilising, Urb-it’s Micro-fulfilment centre (MFC) service, Freestar will seek to reduce its carbon output and boost its last-mile delivery capability by holding stock closer to its local customer base.
Urban pollution is an ever-increasing health threat, and the number of environmentally conscious consumers is on the rise, with 43% of consumers more likely to choose retailers that offer more sustainable delivery options.* Operating green deliveries via urban Micro-fulfilment centres, Urb-it, and Freestar will join forces to bring sustainable on-demand deliveries to consumers in London. With Urb-it’s Micro-fulfilment centre service, Freestar will benefit from real-time inventory management and order fulfilment, with the enhanced ability to offer its consumers a flexible delivery solution that meets their needs and closely aligns with their values on sustainability.
Eddy Dallas, Co-Founder of Freestar, commented “We are delighted to be working with Urb-it as our last-mile delivery partner for London. Sustainability runs throughout our business so working with a fellow B Corp whose mission and values are so aligned is something we’re very proud of. We’re thrilled that we can offer our London customers a low carbon footprint delivery for our award-winning alcohol-free beer.”
Sébastien Potts, UK Country Manager of Urb-it, commented, “As a fellow B Corp Freestar meets the highest standards of positive impact on society and the environment. Freestar’s production process emits 90% less CO2 than the industry average; therefore, their ethos and dedication toward putting customer satisfaction and sustainability at the forefront of their agenda is something that the team at Urb-it and I greatly admire. Combining our eco vehicle fleet and Micro-Fulfilment Centre service, our core aim is to offer Freestar customers the choice and convenience of fast, low carbon footprint beer deliveries.”
* Thomas Barrett,“Consumers More Likely to Shop Somewhere with Sustainable Delivery,” April 24, 2019,at https://airqualitynews.com/2019/04/24/consumers-more-likely-to-shop-somewhere-with-green-delivery-options/
· Freestar was founded in 2019 with a mission to provide the first truly non-alcohol, great tasting, sustainable beer.
· Co-founders Eddy Dallas, Felix von Hunter, and Charlie Crawley, have since created an award-winning alcohol-free beer brand after being crowned the 2019 world beer award winners for the UK's best low alcohol beer.
· As opposed to the typical fermentation process which removes alcohol from full strength beer to create a non-alcoholic product, Freestar blends 100% natural ingredients without yeast, which guarantees its 0.0% ABV.
· In July 2020, Freestar became the first alcohol-free beer to certify as a B Corporation, with a common goal of building a more inclusive and sustainable economy.
· Freestar is better for the planet, the brand’s unique production process emits 90% less Co2, uses 80% less water, 80% less energy and creates 70% less waste than other production methods.
Visit website: https://freestar.co/
Urb-it is a Swedish logistics company and Certified B Corporation™. Powered by a robust technical platform, and its community of dedicated Couriers. Urb-it offers a customer-centric end-to-end fulfilment service for e-commerce, retail, and the on-demand market. The company today operates in the UK and France and works with leading European brands.
The company’s mission is to transform logistics with a human service that fights for the health of cities. Delivering the last-mile exclusively on foot, bike or with cargo-bikes, Urb-it aims to reduce air pollution, noise pollution and congestion in Urban areas, while providing a delivery service that exceeds customer expectations. Urb-it’s Couriers are carefully recruited and trained by Urb-it to provide excellent client service.
The solution is available to merchants via direct API-integration as well as through a range of leading transport management systems. Services include delivering the same-day,next-day, nominated day and returns and can be fulfilled both from the merchant’s online store and physical store network. www.urb-it.com
The Company’s Certified Adviser is Mangold Fondkommission AB who are reachable on +468- 503015 50 or CA@mangold.se.